Helicon Focus PRO
For Windows or Mac OS
Note: After purchase you will receive an email with download link and activation code
|HeliconFocus is an amazing program that can give you UNLIMITED depth of field. The program is designed for macro photography, microphotography and hyperfocal landscape photography to cope with the shallow depth-of-field problem. |
It does this by combining multiple images where each image has a different point of focus. It also aligns images as objects often change their size and position from shot to shot. This function is especially important for macro photography.
Helicon Focus is designed for:
You use it by mounting your camera on a tripod and setting your camera to manual focus. You then focus on the closest part of your subject and take a picture. You then focus a little further away and take another picture. You keep doing this until you've taken enough pictures where each image has part of your subject in focus. You then feed these images to HeliconFocus and magically it combines the sharpest portions of each image to create one image with EVERYTHING in focus.
- Micro photography (camera + optical microscope)
- Macro photography (camera + macro lenses)
- Landscape photography (infinite depth of field)
- Remote shooting from computer via USB cable
Here's a YouTube video that shows how you can automate the process with HeliconFocus Pro and the included Helicon Remote software that can automate the shooting process:
Helicon Focus is able to create 3D model of the object which can be manipulated in free Helicon 3D Viewer (included into Helicon Focus installation) and exported as video file, stereo pair or anaglyph.
There are VERY few software products that we like, but this is DEFINITELY one of them This program does what no other program can. One of the photographic concepts that most photographers have a problem with is depth of field and sharpness. Using a small lens opening creates more depth of field, but at the cost of overall sharpness. Using f22 will create a SOFT image with a lot of depth of field. The greatest sharpness will be obtained when a lens is set to about 3-stops from wide open. Thus an f2.8 lens is sharpest at f8. HeliconFocus allows you to take sharp pictures at f8 while getting far more depth of field than you could get with f22!!
There are two versions that we carry:
- Quality: advanced interpolation techniques, 16 bit workflow, direct RAW input
- Scope: unlimted number of images, resolution over 100Mpixels, 64 bit support, Windows/Mac versions
- Performance: very fast, multi-threaded, i7 compatible, batch and command line modes available
- Tools: clone from source brush to repaint possible artifacts, 3D model , dust map, 2D panorama, Helicon Remote for automated focus bracketing
(Note: both versions come with an unlimited license - it's valid for a lifetime and all updates are free. The software can be installed on 4 computers as long as only one is used at a time.)
Helicon Focus Lite (basic version):
- Automatically adjusts and resizes images (important for stereomicroscopes and macrophotography)
- Uses all available processors (1.7 times faster with 2 processors, 2.3 times faster with 4 processors)
- Preserves details by using advanced interpolators for image manipulation (Lanczos, Sinc256)
- Internal workflow always uses 16 bit color depth to preserve colors
- Processes an unlimited number of images in the stack
- Supports dust map to automatically remove black points from the resulting images
- Automatically adjusts brightness of the adjacent images
- Reads RAW, 8bit and 16bit TIFFs, JPEG, JPEG 2000, BMP, etc
- Writes 8bit and 16bit TIFFs, JPEG, JPEG 2000, BMP
- Adds text and scale bar
- Provides command line interface to call it from other applications
Helicon Focus Pro (advanced version):
- Includes all the features of the Lite version
- Helicon Remote utility to automate focus bracketing (works with Canon and Nikon DSLRs that support Live View mode)
- Retouching brush to clone from aligned source images to the resulting image (cannot be performed with external photo editor)
- Export of 3D model to Helicon 3D Viewer (included into Helicon Focus installation)
- Batch mode to process multiple image stacks or the same stack with different parameters
- 2D micropanorama (stitches several images into micro panorama)
- Export of animated stacks (see sample)
This is a product that we highly recommend! Helicon Focus is a program that creates one completely focused image from several partially focused images by combining the focused areas. The program is designed for macro photography, microphotography and hyperfocal landscape photography to cope with the shallow depth-of-field problem. Helicon Focus also aligns images as objects often change their size and position from shot to shot. This function is especially important for macro photography. Helicon Focus is able to create 3D model of the object which can be manipulated in free Helicon 3D Viewer (included into Helicon Focus installation) and exported as video file, stereo pair or anaglyph.
View a 1MB Macro animation & description
View a 400KB Landscape animation & description
| || |
|Windows ||MAC |
|Compatible with Vista, 7, 8 and 10. ||Requires Mac OS 10.7 or higher. Latest Mac OS version recommended.|
To install the program please download DMG file, open it and drag Helicon Focus to Application folder.